qv Love Issue:
"Words from the Heart"
A Collection of Poems for Latinos in Love
La Union de Dos Hombres
LOVE FACTS: Latinos Speak Out!
QV Magazine asked readers from across the nation a series of questions about Love, Relationships, and Valentine's Day. This is how they responded when we asked...
WHAT IS THE BEST VALENTINE'S GIFT YOU'VE EVER RECEIVED?
Our ten favorite answers...
1. None. I always get dumped before this date. (Hopefully, this won't happen this year!)
2. A signed Keith Haring print placed in the middle of my bed which was covered with rose petals!
3. A trip up the coast and a weekend at a bed and breakfast hotel near the beach.
4. The man I love brought flowers to my office for all to see.
5. A singing gram with the song, "I Will Always Love You" and a dozen roses.
6. A wonderful evening out that I'll remember for the rest of my life topped off with great sex.
7. A card, flowers, candy, and good sex (all on the same day).
8. A beautiful, unforgettable kiss.
9. A warm smile and an "I Love You."
10. An engagement ring.
WHAT IS THE TACKIEST VALENTINE'S GIFT YOU'VE EVER RECEIVED?
1. Melted chocolates.
2. Those piece of shit candy hearts.
3. Ugly red silk underwear with silver, metallic hearts.
4. A message on my answering machine saying, "Sorry, I forgot to call, but happy Valentine's Day, I guess."
5. If it's from the heart, it doesn't matter.
6. A chocolate dildo.
8. My "ex" gave me a tin foil ring and said that it was the thought that counts and to take HIM out to dinner.
9. A $5 bunch of flowers and a cheap card that I received after he told me he was going to the gas station.
10. I once got a pity card. It had this other guy's name on it scratched off with a black pen.
THERE'S LOTS MORE POETRY AND LOVE FACTS IN THE PRINT VERSION OF QV...